- Guard every floor hole into which a worker can accidentally walk (using a railing and toe-board or a floor-hole cover and caution tape)
- Provide a guardrail and toe-board around every elevated open sided platform, floor or runway
- Guard machines and equipment (such as a vat or acid or a conveyor belt) by providing guardrails and toe-boards
- Other fall-protection required, based on the nature of the task, include safety harnesses, safety nets, stair railings and handrails
- Provide working conditions that are free of known dangers
- Keep floors in work areas clean and in as dry a condition as possible
- Select and provide required personal protective equipment
- Train workers about job hazards in a language that they can understand
Per OSHA guidelines, falls are among the most common causes of serious work related injury. Employers have a responsibility in the work place to prevent employees from falling, if working on overhead platforms or elevated workstations.
To prevent employees from being injured employers must:
OSHA requires employers to:
Contact Pacific for the best fall protection and rescue solution.